Case 930 C/K clutch ticking noise?

KDR12

New User
I did some mowing today and noticed that my new to me case 930 comfort king has a ticking noise coming from what i think is the foot clutch. The ticking noise stops when i push in the foot clutch but when I release the clutch it ticks again. Anyone have any ideas? the clutch seems to be adjusted fine and works good. Is there any kind of Maintenace or grease zerks to look for?

might be wore connections.try hooking a rubber tarp strap to the
rod and fix it snug pulling up in rod ,try it again .if ticking is gone
its probably wore pins that is to be expected with a 40 + year old
tractor

Does it do it while driving only or anytime the clutch is out?
I worked for a dealer many years and had an occasion where a piece of metal got imbedded in the oil slinger gear. That had a rattle anytime the clutch was engaged , a very fast rattle. Early tractors had a nylon slinger in them and that was subbed to an aluminum one early in those transmissions production.

There is a grease zerk on the throwout bearing housing, accessible through the panel behind the upper step. Check your free play on the clutch pedal.

used it again today and if it's in gear or just sitting in neutral it makes the ticking sound, anytime the clutch is out (disengaged). the clutch linkage does have some play in it and the rod that goes into the clutch housing moves in and out about 3/4 of an inch, so I tried the budgie strap idea to keep the clutch linkage fully disengaged and no change. the only other thing I tried was to let it free wheel downhill in gear with the clutch in and I still heard the ticking sound, maybe the ticking noise is coming from the transmission.?.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back