Working on a Case 95, dropped the fuel tank to adjusted the clutch, made the adjustments and put everything back together. Now the tractor will not move forward or reverse. I am thinking the clutch is stuck, or is there a sensor thats out that causes the transmission/clutch not to engage? Owner says clutch was slipping bad and he had to keep down shifting to get the tractor to move. Looking for suggestions. Thanks

Are you sure you adjusted it the right way/direction? If you adjusted it to stop the slipping and went the wrong way you may have made the slipping worse resulting in no movement at all.

Please clarify what machine you are working on. I have never heard of a Case 95. What tank had to be dropped in order to adjust clutch? A picture of the machine might help.

The tractor is a Case IH 95, I had to lower the fuel tank to get to the adjustment linkage for the clutch. There is a cable that activates the clutch, that runs from the clutch pedal to the clutch. There was a lot of slack in the cable already and the owner said the tractor ha a hard time moving from the clutch slipping, and I just took the slack out of it.

Sounds like it needs a clutch. If the linkage/cable was loose and had slack, and the clutch was still slipping, no adjustment is going to make it not slip. By taking the slack out of the cable, the release fork may be putting pressure on the release bearing which is taking clamping force away from the pressure plate. That will make it slip worse.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back