Case-O-Matic fluid

Billy Mo

New User
I have an 830CK as well and want to replace the fluids. My Case dealer said I should use TCH fluid in the Case-O-Matic clutch, but can use Hy-Tran in the transmission. TCH fluid is $89.00 for 5 gallons! He said it"s worth it. Any thoughts?
 
If you are working tractor fulltime an hard use tch. Was oil we used many years in our tractors including 830com an have never had sticking HYD valves -bearing trouble or wet clutch problems including pto clutches. I know you will get many answers about oil to use but why use cheaper oil on one of more expensive things to repair?
 
I certainly respect C.A. Hess response , this has worked for me , couple Years back when we resurrected My 800 Case-O-matic , i changed torque convertor fluid with Dextron 3 ,, So far so good ,, Have cut about 175 acres for 2 years , NOW , with a 489 Nh , Someone on this forum suggested that cold weather shifting would be easier with less gear grinding , with dextron 3 , Seems to be right ,,Best wishes , jim
 
Thanks Jim for good word!! I havent bought any oil for long time but today went to TSC store in Belfontane an checked there oil prices an sure enough they have some oil for about 40dollars but says not for heavy work!Read label. There were about 3 grades there but only one that says meets Case tch an couple other manufactures specks was Penzoil an i think it was 75 dollars.So i would still pay difference for proper stuff. Improper oil just might be cause of sticking valves other folks are having in tractors mentioned on forum.
 
Internet info amazing!! If you Google in-- case tch oil you can read all day about different oils avaible an there specifications an uses .There are a few an they are different. One thing i did learn is you can replace tch that is still avaible with Hy Trans hi lo m1209.Caution there are other hy tr oils. Need to read specks as there are reasons to use each.
 
Hy-Tran will work well in your Caseomatic I have used this a replacement oil for TCH for over 20 years and no problems at all as for cheaper oils my advise is to stay away as the others here say it is not worth the risk considering what repairs cost if you do change to HY-TRAN do a complete change as Case recommends in my book both oils are great
 
Hi Charles ,, thanx For all Your Help , Strange story , about a month ago. Stopped in and talked with the Mechanics at local Case -IH. originally IH , dealer OK, ..discussed changing fluids in 1070 ,and was ready to buy proper fluid that day , ... THE IH GUY SAID THAT IF FILTER PRESSURE WAS READING GOOD THAT THERE WOULD BE NO NEED TO CHANGE FLUIDS OR FILTERS ,, THEN SUGGESTED THAT ANY HY -TRAN WOULD BE ADEQUET , I HAVE SINCE learned that the 70 series is not his favorite tractor ,. upon that partisan teaching, I am No longer convinced that he was right,, And before I put the 1070 in work service I will change fluid to the correct fluid ,, i do not need any no sticky valves., thanx for being adamant of the importance of this matter , best regards , jim
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top