Case tractor model numbers

Kow Farmer

Every once in a while I get weird thoughts in my melon. LOL. So curiosity got to me about 2 models of Case
tractor numbers. These are the model 1175 and 1090 Case tractors. Just curious why these 2 models
numbers were produced without any more higher or lower model numbers? Is the 1175 just a newer 1170?
The 1090 seems like it was produced way before the actual 90 series were even thought about being
produced. What size is comparable to the 1090 in a 70 series model? Both are great tractors in my opinion.
Just wondering if many of each model were produced? Thank you.
Kow Farmer Kurt

In November of 1969 was on a tour of T-plant in Racine. Walking down a hallway here was a tractor of various Case colors with no cab. Looked similar to a 1070, but had frame rails on sides of engine. Guide said it was a proto type designed especially for farming rice fields, to reduce stress on engine block when crossing dikes. Had nothing to do with later 90 series tractors. In 1972 I purchased a new 1175. Part of the number change was due to addition of David Brown line by Case, which added DB decal to side panels, but there was minor lube, fuel and rpm changes which added some horse power.

When the 1170's came out there was a problem in the differential. One of the major parts did not get the final heat treatment and was not hard enough. All of them that the dealer where I worked soon went out. I heard that there also was a problem with air cleaners that caused engine failures but I did not see that myself. Because of the bad reputation, when the problems were corrected the model was changed to 1175.

I was at the summer convention in IN. There was a 1090 there. I did not know they existed. Coming up from behind I thought someone just goofed around with the decals. Here's a shot of the info on the tractor that was at the show. This was the first show I have been able to attend. Fantastic job by all involved. I had a great time. Thanks.
cvphoto164774.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back