Center steering arm for allis d17 series III gas wide front

Trst22

I have a wide front series III gas d17. I need a Center Steering Arm, does anyone know where I can get a new one? Every one I find on the internet does not look like mine. I also need a new Main Steering Shaft, any leads on finding one of those would be a great help too.

Are you needing the tie rods, the adjustable tubes that connect the front tires to the steering arm or the shaft that runs from the steering wheel to the steering sector?

I have one of those steering arms. It is off a used PS Unit....probably an earlier one.

Not sure, but I think all series used the same arm and main shaft.
I can take a pic of it, if you"re interested.

Gatz

I've also got (2) D17 Tie Rod assemblies. They dont have the clamp bolts and nuts (7/16-20 ?) nor the castle nuts; but all ball joints have zerks and are tight.
They extend/retract nicely...not stuck.
Can post pix if anyone is interested.

Sure if you have a picture go ahead and send it. I"ll try to post pictures of the stuff I"m looking for. Thanks for any information.
a39926.jpg

This is the other part that I need, the manual call's it "Main Steering Shaft". Not sure if someone still makes these.
a39937.jpg

I doubt those two parts are available new but there should be plenty of good used units out there. I cannot tell from the picture but what is wrong with your parts? I see some pitting but the splines look ok.

The steering on the tractor is really sloppy. When you are driving it on flat solid surface you can turn the steering wheel side to side pretty far without the tractor steering one way or the other. It seems that all the slop is in the cener steering arm were the main steering shaft goes in. After I disconnected the tie rods you could really wiggle the thing pretty good.

I can't say with any certainty that the one I have would be any better than the one you have.

But, I'll post a pic anyway. I DO know that the tapered holes for the tierods are not wallowed out.
a40037.jpg

Gatz, how much would you want for that, if yoiu want to sell it? I called around to some salvage yards and cant find another one so far. Ive only had a chance to call a few, I will try more on monday. I did call agco and you can buy both parts I need new. Get this though, Center steering arm $868.00, the main steering shaft $545.00

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back