place but my lap for the saw. That is a real pain
and not particularly safe.

Have any of you come up with a nifty side-mount
tool box or some such big enough for a saw with a
20" blade? This is a front mount 8n, which may
allow a few more options.

Many thanks to Bruce and Dell for the assistance
in getting my tractor up and running again but the
way. Bad points turned out to be the culprit.

I have seen tool boxes on the fenders of tractors[not n's]and you could probably make one big enough for a chainsaw.I would make it from sheetmetal,if I were to make one,with bolts holding it on for easy removal.---lha

I was wanting to be able to carry a few long handle tools (shovel, rake etc.) with me and couldn't figure out a way. I ended up buying an old golf club bag at a garage sale for a buck and used some straps to attach it to the hood and I drop the tools in it. Since I used straps I can remove it when it's not needed. Same idea could apply for your saw. Maybe you could make a scabbard out of plywood and attach it and drop the chain saw bar down in it?

Yes, I do have a bumper and I think that will have to be the answer. It is not a "stock" bumper however and the bow in it will be a unhelpful but not impossible to work with. That is the only thin I can think of doing. There is not enough space between fender and seat to make room and the side of the tractor has the steering rods to deal with.

So, I'll have to make a bumper holder. Was hoping for some really snazzy idea

I have a MF TO35 that has a trip loader on it. With the loader off (Haven't used in 20 years), the upright loader mounts provide a convenient place on each side to lock on a 16"-20" chain saw. Hell, there's even room to hang a 5 Gal. spackle bucket that holds my gas/oil/spare chains/wrenches for my small time lumbering operation. I also have an 8n and I have hung that 5 gallon bucket over the rear tail lamp. The chainsaw has to go on the running board over the axle. Works for me. Be careful of clutch/brake use. Good luck!

I have a 2n that has angle iron bolted to the fenders with another piece welded to them to form a "U" shape . The cross piece runs horizontal behind the drivers seat and has chains hanging down and a piece of expanded steel on the top side , making a headache rack type guard from flying debris.

I have an 18" (approx) tool box welded on the left side fender angle. It works like an arm rest but holds a few tools and some soda pops . There is a slow moving triangle and a fire extinguisher zip tied on the expanded steel .

I have though about making a box to fit on the back of the rack for the chainsaw and other fencing tools . I want to add some cheap fog lights front and back one of these days .

I have all of this bolted on so I can take it off and not a lot of permanent farmarization .

did a quick pic search on the web, found these pics with added boxes for 8ns wasnt much out there
a11879.jpg

a11880.jpg

a11881.jpg

Thanks!
The front bumper box is the way I think I'll be going. My 3-pt is generally occupied with other stuff. My bumper is as tall as that one, but curves. The curve will make it slightly more challenging to mount the box, but definitely doable.

Brent

This won't help with your chain saw but I thought I'd give a quick tip here. I used to have to carry pockets full of clips, pins and various small tools. I could not find a suitable tool box to mount on a fender since most tool boxes have lids that have a top that would hit the fender when flush mounted.

I have a neighbor down the road from me that has an 8N also and he gave me this ammo box same as the one he has mounted on his fender. Since the hinge is on the narrow side of the box, it opens nicely and is water proof too. And before you say anything, no I'm not the idiot that painted it orange. I got it that way. Just never had time to do anything about it.

F-TractorTool.jpg

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back