Howdy,
Was reading the post below about channel lock pliers and wondering what line of work people are in that use pliers to such an extent that they wear them out. I know plumbers use them a lot and I cringe every time I see them come out of the back pocket and head towards a chrome fitting or pipe. I have had several sizes in my tool box for many years and they are probably the least used of all my tools. For 30 years the bulk of my work was automotive, then the past 20 years more home rehabs than anything else, and all that time the slip joint pliers just stayed in the tool box. Please tell me all of the uses you find for them as I gotta be missing something.
Thanks
Bob S.
Was reading the post below about channel lock pliers and wondering what line of work people are in that use pliers to such an extent that they wear them out. I know plumbers use them a lot and I cringe every time I see them come out of the back pocket and head towards a chrome fitting or pipe. I have had several sizes in my tool box for many years and they are probably the least used of all my tools. For 30 years the bulk of my work was automotive, then the past 20 years more home rehabs than anything else, and all that time the slip joint pliers just stayed in the tool box. Please tell me all of the uses you find for them as I gotta be missing something.
Thanks
Bob S.