Check it out Soundguy and tell me what you think!

Everybody else can critique this too!

Here's the background. A couple of months ago I asked Soundguy for some pictures on how he mounted a bumper on his 950. He sent me numerous pictures and explained how he mounted it.

So I copied his idea and mounted my bumper onto my 1959 961 Diesel. The basic difference is that I used 3/8" plate and had a machinist friend endmill the holes. Then welder SIL dropped by unexpectedly today and welded up the plate to the 2" square tubing with 1/4" wall to the bumper.

We tried to keep everything level, square, etc. But, when metal gets hot it can snake around. Everything was welded up so we bolted it onto the pedestal and sha-zam! The right side was hanging low. I grabbed a chunk of 5" X 5" and the floor jack, (it's in the picture). Put it under the right side and jacked it up until the tires spun. He grabbed the torch and heated it until the metal molecules rearranged themselves and leveled out the bumper. We let it cool until we got the result you see in the picture.

From the picture it appears right of center and if it is then that's my fault. But, I did ensured that a hole for the pedestal drain plug can be removed if needed.

This next week I'll take it off, grind the corners on the channel, (there is little kids that like to run around and crash their heads on tailgates - n - stuff), scrub it, and paint up the plate and tubing.

I would upload more pictures of the process but it takes forever to do so two will have to do. Sorry.

Thanks for the idea Soundguy! I'm pretty happy with it and think it looks great.
a118123.jpg

a118126.jpg

looks good to me. even if it is a hair off center.. who cares. it'l do what it's intended to do. try to keep stuff outta that radiator and spendy grill piece.
ps.. nice machine you got there.

It'll be just my luck that I'll get tangled up in a fence while mowing, or something else, since I ain't used to the extra length.

Oh well. :)

Thanks!

LW.

Looks good to me too Larry.
A little primer and paint as you said to keep it from rusting
and you should be good to go!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back