Checking Hydraulic/trans fluid Mahindra 3015 HST

upnorthwi

I have a Mahindra 3015 HST. I'm really struggling to get an accurate read on the fluid level. The manual says to run it in neutral at 1500 rpm for 4-5 minutes and check it. Are you supposed to check it shut off, idling or at 1500 rpm?

What is the right way to check this?

How about a real long shot. First, is this modern tractor a manual or automatic transmission. I have no clue so I am asking. With a lot of equipment they want things at operational temperatures. That is why the high idle and the time amount. Gets everything nice and warm. Makes the oil expand a little. Does this thing have a dip stick or a level plug? I would shut it off and let it sit a few minutes so you get a nice clean stick read, or a calm oil level at the plug. I like puzzles and this one is in the total darkness. Now I want to see how close I came or am I totally out in the bushes somewhere?
Went on the net and looked around at them. Looks like a lot of people like them. Whole bunch of sizes and yours is about 10 years old? Most any piece of equipment you can down load a manual from the net. I would advise you to down load the PDF file which is about 90MB in size. Carry it around in your smart phone! Handy. Let us know.

jeffcat, it's a 2006 hydrostatic (automatic). It does have a dip stick which is difficult to read with the fluid being so clear. The manual only says to "run at 1500 rpm for 4-5 minutes on level ground", it doesn't say to check while running or to turn it off. I agree with you on warming it up, and at least with the old cars...you checked the transmission with it running. With old tractors, you checked the fluid with it off. To answer Gene's question, it doesn't leak, though there is some weeping at the loader cylinders. That is the only place this tractor leaks anything. There really hasn't been any issue with this tractor, but I was starting to get a little pump whine when you first started off which made me check the fluid. I'm ashamed I've been lax on checking it with the feeling if it isn't leaking it's OK. I'll change the engine oil, but i leave the tran oil to a dealer. But, even though Mahindra is a great tractor, dealers come and go quickly and those that are around have Mahindra as a side business. My nearest dealer is about 60 miles away. There was one about 25 miles, small place, but he gave up too and quit selling them. Mahindra USA used to have great customer support, but even that is gone. The problem is it's just not green or orange. Ironically, my model is also a Cub Cadet 7000 series, I believe it was 7305, both built by Mitsubishi. I'm inclined to think I should warm it up, shut it off and check after a couple minutes.

If it is the same tractor as the cub cadet why not ask them about it. I know they have a color issue, like the way they used to act as though Case was a redheaded stepchild, and now it is a badge of honor to them since it was either go out or be a Case IH dealer.

OK sounds like you have a plan. Make sure the dealer changes the filter too! A little cylinder weep is no big deal and I wouldn't worry. Ever see how much oil heavy construction machines can leak? That whine in a pump is due to wear and again no big deal if it is not tooooo loud. There is something I found out to help. On AM radio at nigh is the Trucking network. AM700 out of Ohio in the early hours of the morning. One of the sponsors is Motorcote. VERY good product and I use the stuff all over the place. Drill press work just a drop or two, Chainsaw chains in really hard wood, firearms, loosen nuts and bolts, and much more. Try a little down through the top of your trailer crank me up stand. Makes in feel like a power lift. Now here is something they said to try. Put a little motorcote in your power steering reservoir. Like maybe 15%. I did that on my Ford Explorer with over 300K on it. The pump was darn near as quiet as a kitten in just minutes. It really worked and ran just beautiful. Give it a try on your pump if you want. You can buy it at wallyworld for about $26 a quart. Comes in a black bottle on the second shelf. This sounds like a commercial but I really like the stuff. It works really well for me.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back