City boy plows for first time

Learned a few things here LOL!
1) Cant plow when it hasent rained for a month.
2) After Rain it plows pretty good
3) When 2 of the 3 ends of your moldboards on your plow are broke the sod dosent flip over like its supposed to but for a food plot I guess its ok. Had fun, might even do this again next year for a food plot. After plowing I disk down the furrows and smoothed it out. Used a small grain drill to drill in some wheat, oats and austrian peas then ran a drag over it with an old worn out rear tractor tire. Hillbilly but I think it worked OK.? We shall see if I get some rain.
a129786.jpg

Fred, Looks good for what you are trying to accomplish. Must kid you a little. Don't enter a Plowing Contest yet (grin).

Don't let that farming get into your blood ! Almost impossible to remove !

Bill

Looks like a 45 JD loader. Nice tractor from the picture. Don't take it too deep in the woods. Limbs like to jump out at straight sheet metal.

Throw a little crimson and medium red clover on there. No need to cover it--it only needs to be 1/4" deep--let the rain beat it in.

Larry

Ha! Beautiful job. Should have seen my first attempt with no instructions. Black clay, hard, hadn't had steel to it for probably 30 years, summer time, no rain, single moldboard no coulter, Farmall B. A total disaster. Butttttt it WAS a beginning.

Mark

Hah! That little sapling to the right is a persimmon tree and man its loaded with the fruit. I specifically left it for that reason, now the other one might be able to go!

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back