CLAAS 96 Dominator combine question ???

Crazy Horse

I am posting this question for a friend. He is going to access and remove the starter from a CLAAS 96 Dominator combine, probably from the mid-80's I believe. He wants to know how does he access the engine compartment so as to be able to remove the starter? Other than that, I know nothing more. There must be some sort of dismantling required that he cannot see or figure out, he's a pretty experienced mechanic. Thanks for the help, I have also posted it on the farm equipment and implement section here at YT.

You've probably done it by now, but if not....I'm not sure which side the starter is on on a 96, but if its at the back side there should be an access panel in the grain tank. If its front side of the engine, there should be another access panel. You can also tilt the cab forward. The cabs are designed to roll like a cab over truck. I think its just 4 x bolts and you push the seat down and it'll roll. It should have cables on each side of the cab to stop it going to far, but check they are there and in good shape. Also make sure you have enough room in front of the cab obviously.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back