Clamps for Fast Hitch Cultivator Bar

Eastsider

Hi all:

Here is a good one...We have an Independent Gang Rear Section for the 2c-254a cultivator. The only tractors this fits on is the Super C and 200 style of fast hitch receiver. The problem we have is that the ends of the bars where you mount the scratchers are what I call "diamond" shaped instead of "square". Meaning, that when on the tractor, the ends have the point in the air instead of a flat. So, mounting clamps for regular bars are tilted out of whack. The parts book calls for the regular clamp that you use on the rest of the system. My question is, how do you mount your scratchers on the back??? I have the proper clamp for the middle of the system, but the end ones befuddle me. My thought is to cut off the ends and give them a partial rotation so the flat is facing the right way so the clamp works. Does anyone have experience with this setup??? I have one complete setup as seen here and one with the main frame and top clamps. Here is the picture of what I am referring to.

Thanks!

Mark

<a href="http://s233.photobucket.com/albums/ee79/bigswen85/?action=view&amp;current=sc0000c1d6.jpg" target="_blank">
sc0000c1d6.jpg" border="0" alt="Photobucket
</a>

If you put the left one on the right side, and the right one on the left, they will be flet. The illustration shows them flat and square! (I think!) Jim

I know I am late, but mine was the same way when I got it. Since we had one with our 200 back in the 50's I knew that there was something wrong. I reversed the outer bars and fixed the problem. FYI the entire color is supposed to be Farmall Implement Blue.

This is the one I use. All original and very functional. The square bar stock was butchered with a torch. It took me several years to find the donor parts to restore. I'll eventually restore this one to new condition. These seem to be very rare.
a49637.jpg

a49638.jpg

a49639.jpg

Awesome pictures!!! That shows me a lot. Our springs weren't adjusted up that high either. When I put it back together, I will try reversing it and adjusting it similar. I am going to put the double spring steel scratchers on ours...

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back