clutch question

Dr. CHIP

My tractor has a foot clutch connected to the hand clutch. Was that an option or a fabrication by a previous owner? As soon as I get time Im going to take it off due to a scary incident.I had the tractor idleing in reverse with the hand clutch disengaged. As I went to get off I stepped on the foot clutch putting it in reverse and crashing into the back wall of my pole barn before I could disengage it. Although it damaged the wall the good lord saved me from a much bigger disaster. My grandson was leaning against the back tire. if he would have been behind it he would surely have been crushed. Thank you Lord!

Glad nobody got hurt! As far as the clutch, I would like to see how that is set up. A hand clutch is an over center type that engages with a snap, a foot clutch is spring loaded.

I have a DC that the previous owner jerry rigged a foot clutch pedal to operate with the hand clutch. It works but have to be careful with it...
cvphoto141636.jpg

cvphoto141637.jpg

that looks a lot more traditional. Mine is like a big rocker on the foot rest, like a teeter totter. I'll post a pic when Im eligibile.Push it down 1 way puts it in gear, push the other end down takes it out of gear. As I stepped down I stepped on the end that puts it in gear.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back