Cockshutt 30/Gamble''s Farmcrest 30

Briggs

I ordered some custom decals for my Cockshutt 30. When they arrived, I didn't like the coloring so I ordered different colors. The second set (white with orange) arrived today so I peeled the other one off and some of the paint from an old repaint came off with the decal. Look what it revealed underneath:
mvphoto60934.jpg

mvphoto60935.jpg

Here's the decal I didn't like and removed:
mvphoto60936.jpg

As it is currently:

mvphoto60937.jpg

So it turns out it was a Gamble's Farmcrest 30. I've always wanted a Cockshutt, so I was excited to find this one a couple months back. I guess this is a good excuse to buy another tractor.

One of mine was an original Gambles Farmcrest and I've got a photo (somewhere) to prove it.
I really wish that the original Gambles Farmcrest tractors would have put a "Gambles" name down the front grille strip, just like the Coop tractors had a "Coop" down the front. That would really have made the Gambles tractors unique.

They are just some custom decals I designed and ordered online. They're a placehder until the tractor gets torn down for paint. I'm just having fun with it at tractor pulls at the moment.

There are a fair number of Cockshutts here in Michigan, but I don't know that I've ever actually seen a Gambles in person, not around
here anyway.

The nose strip on my tractor was painted exactly like a Cockshutt 30, with the "Cockshutt" being yellow and the rest of the tractor red, in my case, a faded red.
Back when I was a kid, there was a Gambles store about 30 miles from me and I'm pretty sure this tractor was sold from that store.
Too bad the that the original sales receipt didn't come with my tractor. Not sure if I got the decal set from Phil Heisey or Dumont.
I'll try to find the original paint that was on my tractor. I have it on a memory stick somewhere and if I'll find it, I'll post it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back