Cockshutt 40

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member

I have two issues with my 40, and I believe they are related. When I put in the clutch the tractor keeps moving as if the clutch is still engaged. All I have to do is hit the brakes a bit and it stops. Also when I shift, especially in the high range the transmission will grind some, not all the time. Any ideas?
 
Yes I would say ther problem is your clutch does not release fully. How much free travel do you have? Maybe a bad pilot bearing?
 
Sure sounds like a simple adjustment, you should have about 1 1/2 inches of free play in the clutch pedal, if you have the correct amount it could be as J said, the pilot bearing or bushing could be causing drag and causing the clutchshaft to keep spinning, other than that you may have to pull the engine and change the clutch. Good luck.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top