Cockshutt (Oliver) 60 Clutch - Missing Parts

Mervl

New User
I recently acquired a 1941 Cockshutt 60 Rowcrop, which is really an Oliver 60 in disguise. It has changed hands at least twice in kit form and each time, bits have gone missing. The engine was rebuilt about 20 years ago but never run. I have the flywheel, new clutch plate & pressure plate assemblies and clutch lever but no release bearing or sleeve. In addition, there is just a hole in the bell housing where it looks like the fulcrum for the clutch release lever should be. I can get the release bearing locally (it's also used on some Kubota tractors) but haven't yet found a source for the sleeve. Does anyone know where to get one? If needed, I could make one if some kind person could supply me with a sketch with the essential dimensions.

I have downloaded a PDF copy of the parts list but that doesn't show what happens at the clutch lever fulcrum. It looks to me like there should be a short ball-headed pillar in the hole in the bell housing. If anyone is able to enlighten me, perhaps with a photo, that would be very helpful.

A slight complication is that I live on Vancouver Island on the West Coast of Canada and most of the available spares are in the USA. Not everyone is willing to ship items from the USA to Canada but I have already obtained some vital parts from a most helpful gentleman in Woodlands, CA.

I will be most grateful for any info that anyone can come up with.

Go to agcopartsbooks dot com, enter as a guest and put 60 in the search box. It'll take you to the schematics to see what you're missing. You could check with an AGCO Massey dealer for parts availability. I don't know how much NOS stuff there is out there,but AGCO owns Sparex. Sparex is an aftermarket supplier. You just might well be able to get that stuff through them.

Thanks for your reply! I searched for Oliver 60 but got No Results, so I emailed them instead. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

(quoted from post at 09:02:31 07/20/19) Thanks for your reply! I searched for Oliver 60 but got No Results, so I emailed them instead. It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.
I will look in my parts but dont remember having one. If you're on Facebook check on the oliver and white tractor group.

They've changed that blasted site in just the last couple of days. I'm still trying to figure it out myself. When you enter and get to the search box,scroll down the left side to "White". Click to open it then click "Tractor". Now click "Oliver" and scroll down to 60 then click that. It's a lot more round about way than it used to be,but I found it and here's the schematic.

cvphoto30293.png

I've parted out several Oliver 60s and should have what you need if you don't find what you're looking for. I live in Iowa. I've shipped parts to Canada before. Sometimes shipping isn't too bad, sometimes it's been high.

I have been trying to figure out the site too. I wish these dealerships could figure it out that once we know how to use something to LEAVE IT ALONE.
I have sent them an E-mail asking them to put the old one back up, and leave it alone. Of course they havent got back to me as yet. John Deere did the same thing about a year or two ago. There was quite a backlash then and they did put the old site up temporarily (It is gone now) But I do believe that if everyone contacted them and complained...maybe it would sink in. I ask you and others to E-mail and complain. Maybe we can get some results???
Wayne

It's about like Windows 10 I guess. Not so bad after a long learning curve. The old site,when you'd search certain model numbers,you'd get a list of makes and models a mile long before you found what you were looking for. At least this new site puts the long list first,before you look for a model number.
The one thing now is,when you're looking for Oliver,you have to search under White first.

Thanks very much for all that info and for the leads on bits. I now know rather more than I did about how the clutch goes together - thanks for the drawings, Olliejunkie & rrlund, most helpful. With luck, I have attached photos of what was confusing me most. The drawings show the end of the lever fitting into a cup-shaped socket in the bell housing but on my bell housing, there is a square hole in the same place that I thought should have some sort of part pressed into it. On closer inspection, it looks very crude, just hacked out for some unknown reason. I feel inclined to file this hole out round, weld a washer over it from the outside and then heat & pein the socket into the right shape. I will try to get hold of the right bearing sleeve but if I can't, it shouldn't be too difficult to invent one and I think I can get the dimensions close enough from the drawings.

cvphoto30531.jpg

cvphoto30532.jpg

This is what the tractor looked like when I got it. The tinwork arrived later, although the engine screens are all missing:

cvphoto30533.jpg

Thanks for your reply, Ken. I'm sure there will be more parts I haven't got and I'll check with you to see what you have.

That's why I got No Results, I didn't search under White first. I got an email back from them telling me I should. I'm new to all this anyway. The last time I was looking for bits to restore a tractor, PCs and the Internet hadn't been invented!

I tried to post a pic of one intact. Will try again later.
I prefer korves or Maibach tractor for parts. I have had great success on Facebook.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back