Combine gets inside

jon f mn

Worked all day on cleaning and organizing the shop today. Got a long way towards done. The last wagon load is now empty and the shelves and lockers are up. Still some cleaning and organizing to do, but it's starting to look like a shop. First was to move the other stuff out, the grinder/mixer and wagon of oats seeds went into the quanset. Of course nothing goes as planned, as you can see one of the spindles siezed and broke on the wagon.

cvphoto7527.jpg

cvphoto7528.jpg

So guess I'll be doing some repair on that too. The grinder/mixer looks right at home.

cvphoto7529.jpg

That shed is getting full, should be enough room for my 77 pull type combine and my hay rakes and mower yet.

cvphoto7531.jpg

Getting the combine in the shed was more of a deal than I thought too!

cvphoto7532.jpg

I measured it and there is 3" of room, but right now there is more than that in ice and snow. Lol. Just let a little air out and it should fit.

cvphoto7533.jpg

Well, except for the florecent light that was in the way. Lol. So I had to back in. Wanted to drive in so the engine was on the side with more lighting for working on it, but this will do.

cvphoto7534.jpg

cvphoto7535.jpg

cvphoto7536.jpg

Still more cleaning and organizing to do in the front yet, but it's getting better. Even with the stuff getter in there is room left now.

cvphoto7537.jpg

cvphoto7538.jpg

Gotta work tomorrow, but off on Tuesday, so hopefully I'll get it all ready for the winter projects I have planned.

I did come to a few conclusions today tho. First, when organizing a shop you never put anything away right off. First you separate it into piles. Then sort the piles and make more piles. Then go through those piles separating good stuff from not as good stuff. Lol. Anything worth moving is worth moving twice right? Lol. Then after all the good stuff is on the shelves, move the rest to the barn. That way when I want to use the barn I can move it again, or maybe throw it away as it should have been long ago. But if I throw it away I'll need it right?

Words of wisdom spoken from a true vintage tractor and implement buff.
Now lets move on to the old angle iron, and pipe, and plate metal pile that us fabricators cherish. Where are you going to put that???Decision's Decision's
Sorry that you could not make the trip west. I guess you didn't get Mama Natures blessing when you planned it.
A trucker made arrangements to be here from Mass., to pick up a load of hay at 7:00am this morning. Our little overnight snow delayed him by 2 hours. We were 40F yesterday and over night we went from freezing rain to snow. and 26F this morning.
Loren

Well right now the metal piles are outside, and it's looking like that is where they are going to stay. I'm running out of room. Lol. Might put a rack along the wall beside the combine. Maybe the barn is a good place to put it. Lol

I know the good feeling of getting combines under roof. We had trouble with height also, let some air out the "1660"S and they got in. It just made you you feel good.
I like to watch your progress.

Seeing the ruts the combine made where it's parked how about putting planking or pallets?? to keep it from sinking?

Jon, I have been watching your progress, and enjoy the pictures you share. When you get your storage arranged come to Ohio and do mine. As you have a height problem I can just get the combine in my 24' by 14' high guess I did not plan well. Have a Happy New Year. Jerry from Ohio

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back