Animal

Well-known Member
Most of the time I can read these posts just fine, but every now and then they get so big and wide they won't fit on my screen, and I have to scroll back and forth to read them. What causes that and how do I correct it?
 
Are they posts with pictures? Are you using dial-up internet? Sometimes people will forget to resize a picture before they post it and it takes up the whole screen.
 
yes it is dial up and it gets big with both worda and pictures, I thank you in advance for any help, this scrolling back and forth gets old quick..
 
I hear ya. Dunno what to tell you though. Can you maximize your screen all the way dragging the bottom right corner down and to the right?
 
Animal;
Many people don't know they can set their digital cameras to take screen size pictures. A picture sized at 640X480 pixels makes a perfect page size.
Cameras can be used at e-mail or screen size setting. Makes viewing and storage much easier.
Also long URL links will extend the page to excess width. URL's can be posted as short link to eliminate this.
Being on dialup makes no difference on the page size, just takes longer to load... Gene
 
IF you have a wheel on your mouse, hold the 'ctrl' key and roll the wheel 'til you get the desired size.
 
This usually happens to me when pictures are added. You guys are right about them not being sized for the screen. The CTRL key and mouse roller works ok, but most of the time the type gets to small to read and its still off the screen.
 
Use OPERA BROWSER and go to the tool bar and click on(fit to screen).Oh they have a font that I like better than anything on (IE)or (firefox). CENTAUR
 
I add photos to some of the posts.

These photos are "stored" at photobucket.com.

Photobucket has an edit feature that allows you to resize your photos to 640x480 for web posting.

Sometimes it works and sometimes .......

My apologies in advance for any "wide" posts caused by my photos.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top