computor crash

Walt Davies

Well-known Member
I got in in a bad mood or something today because my computer has given me "H" all day so I had to reload Windows and start all over BUMMER
Walt
 
Ya Walt, I went threw 2 computers in the last 5 years. Laptops, they would just burn up. Now I have this dell inspiron 531 desk top, store said it might last 2-3 years. Boy just imagiane if you farm equipment lasted 2-3 years???? Saw a guy today buying a injector pump for a 2004 New Holland tractor, told the dealer he took it to be rebuilt, they said it cant be rebuilt, $1416.00 for a new pump,,,,, guy said tractor had 340 hours on it. lol
 
Sometimes you can avoid reloading windows by going to:
Start
Programs
Accessories
System Tools
System Restore
and not have to reload all of your apps and OS.

I have IBM Thinkpads like a T30 that are 5 years old and still work fine. My Dell 4700 is now 3 years old and never had a problem. One thing I do, is to install lots of RAM to avoid using the hard drive for large files. 2GB is cheap and it sure helps performance. I also use an iomega external 360GB drive for backup to avoid any chance of loosing data if the hard drive gets scrogged. I think the reliability of pc's is very good, but not as good as my old Farmall300.
 
Yeah that's a bummer, injector pump shouldn't be out so soon. But not rebuildable? Still, that's pretty cheap for an injector pump. Try and buy one for an IH 756. $2600 if you give the old one. About $1200 more outright.
 
YEA! I did that and it went crazy just kept going in circles and never loading so i got the system recovery discs out and it took most of the day to do what it sid it could do in 10 to 20 minutes.
Walt
 
We are down one computer here. The desktop with all the family photos, the UPS and my Icom computer controlled radio. All were drowned and ruined in a flood two weeks ago.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top