connecting rod bolt nuts for G

Anonymous-0

Im putting a engine back together for a G. I got new connecting rod bolts and nuts from Deere. The thing is the new nuts do not use cotter pins to keep them from backing off. the new nut looks a lot like a castleated nut but its not. It does not act like a lock nut, I can turn it all the way on with my fingers. My question is what locks it on after I torque it?

Probably the new bolt and nut is a little differant design and figured it would be ok with the nut torqued down.Lots of engines are put togeather without cotter pins.What happened to the old ones? Hoss

The old ones were the same as the new ones. Guess some one had rebuilt it before. The old parts tractor I've been using had the cotter pin type in it but they were too shot to reuse and I had to screwe them up to get that engine un stuck. I've had a lot of fun.

I found them on my G too when I tore it down for overhaul...was told they are okay to use as they are Marsden (I think it was the name) self locking nuts so I used them. After maybe 200 hours they seem to be okay. I plow, pull, show and parade the G.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back