Continental Engine Reboring

Gene Dotson

Well-known Member
I didn't get any responses to my request for information on reboring the Continental 124 engine in my case VA to 162 specs.
Got the pistons and rings today and will be taking the block to the machine shop tomorrow.
Looks like I will be a test pilot on this project. Hope it works out cause I hate to ruin a good block... Gene
 
Reboring a 124 to 162 specs sounds like a Continental flathead (ie. 124, 140, or 162 cubic inches from the same block). The engine in a VA was an overhead valve right? Is it a Case model V that you have (and not a VA)? Not trying to correct anyone, it's just that the numbers rang a bell with me. The 124's in the V series case had cylinder sleeves as opposed to most 124's (eg. those in Masseys, etc) had sleeveless blocks.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top