Correct Video - Baling Hay in a Blizzard...

Bill VA

Dang! Posted the wrong video link (spreading a bit of pelletized lime with ads turned off) in the earlier thread, Baling Hay in a Blizzard and cannot edit, so here goes again.

Temperatures are plunging in the western mountains of Virginia and a big snow storm will be here in a few hours (if not here by the time you read this post).
I figured enough of this cold stuff and thought I would share a log burn long warmer video...

Baling second cut hay from 2021. Raked windrows big, some of it spilled out of the pick-up sides, but we went around and got those chunks and the bales that went over the sides of the kicker wagons too...

Enjoy!
Corrected Baling Hay in a Blizzard

Bill, you might try raising the fingers over the pickup tines. They are evening out the windrow lumps, but causing some hay going around the sides of the pickup and being missed.

Roger - thanks, always value your sage advice.

Yes we needed to raise those fingers, but were to lame that day to do it - LOL.

Thanks for watching!

Bill

What is that spray tank for on top of the baler? I'm not used to that or the kicker or wagons here in central Texas.

The tank is hay preservative, buffered propionic acid, which we occasionally use if the bale moisture is a little high, but we need to bale regardless - like
when a thunder storm is coming.

Nice video. Interesting to watch. You were making bales with 15 to 18+ strokes per bale. Occasionally one at 11 strokes. Believe the OM says optimum capacity is 8 to 11 strokes, so you were not pushing it. The feeding into the pickup was limiting the capacity as too much was spilling around the ends of the pickup preventing you going faster. Watch the inner end of the auger near the feeder forks. When at capacity the hay builds up and starts to come forward or over the auger before the feeder forks grab it. That area is the pre-compression area. The overhead feeder forks then grab a full charge of the hay and put it into the bale chamber.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back