cotton growers

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Just wondering what time of year cotton harvest happens? I realize
it would be different by regions. I am usually done with corn harvest and tillage by Nov. 1. Thought it would be interesting to help with cotton if its not too late in the season. Then would like to get to Louisiana before the end of shrimp season. Looks like $5 corn could put an end to cattle feeding so I can go see how the rest of the country lives.
 
With the type of cotton they raise now in texas,the harvest begins in september and continues through january,depending on the weather and what part of the state. I saw a lot of cotton still waiting to be ginned in the area near me.
 
Ken in texas- What part of texas are you in? We were in Texas last year mid February, missed all the good stuff. Nice down there, but all we got to see were tourist traps. Only cotton I've seen has buttons and sleeves. Kinda like milk comes from the grocery store
 
In the Mid-South, harvest season is September thru November; sometimes finishing in December..........depending on weather/harvest conditions.
 
Sounds like you were visitin in south texas or there bouts.We live about five hundred miles north of houston,about eighty miles northeast of lubbock ,and sixty miles from oklahoma,in matador,motley county.lots of ranching and headquartes of matador ranch.Quite a bit of mostly dryland cotton,which made great yields last year..
 
In NE Arkansas and SE mo it usually starts in Sept and is usually finished by Thanksgiving. I've yet to see one of those new picker-balers operate I hope to this fall.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top