cub lowboy no start

Got back to it I think I got taken by a condenser again. Does have a clean carb though. I have parts for my AC and I thought they would work. No luck. The condenser was to big and the points totally different. Grandpa L you have the part numbers listed on your wall. Would you mind posting them and where you are getting your parts? Or any one else that has a good supplier. Thought the spark was good enough but maybe not. Should know not to assume anything. Thanks again. Mike
 
First I apologize that it took s long to get back to this. Just busy. I feel you should reply so everyone that has given suggestions know I didn't forget the help. Put an ignition tune up kit in it today, had really good spark, fully charged good battery but still no start. I didn't smell any gas. Put it all back together and will deal with it in the spring. Again thanks for the suggestions I am grateful. Mike
 
I know this is an older post but here is what happened. Got back to my Dad's tractor. He only needs it to mow so no big rush here in WI. Put a new carb on its and it is running fine now. Not sure what is wrong with the old carb but it is now running. Thanks for all and any ideas.
 
I know this is an older post but here is what happened. Got back to my Dad's tractor. He only needs it to mow so no big rush here in WI. Put a new carb on its and it is running fine now. Not sure what is wrong with the old carb but it is now running. Thanks for all and any ideas.
Interested in selling the old carb?
 
I know this is an older post but here is what happened. Got back to my Dad's tractor. He only needs it to mow so no big rush here in WI. Put a new carb on its and it is running fine now. Not sure what is wrong with the old carb but it is now running. Thanks for all and any ideas.
Thanks for posting the final outcome!
 
A condenser that is going bad can produce
enough spark to fool you, but not enough
to make a tractor run. We have chased
'carb issues ' for hours. Someone on this
site suggested a condenser, quick swap and
it fired right up
cvphoto165153.jpg

Good napa part numbers on my shop wall.
 
Glad you got it running and without going into really deep complicated scenarios. Always best to eliminate quick and easy first, and save timing for second round.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top