cub plowhttps://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/threads/cub-mounted-plow.1757059/

phillip t

New User
I need tips on hows the easiest way to get the tension mount on the cub plow . I bought one and caint fight the springs to get the bolts in to mount it to the plow. Anybody got any secret tricks ? Thanks Phil
 
Phillip, if you catch this before 24 hours passes you can use the Edit feature below your post.
Then you can delete that web address out of the title and leave Cub plow. I am guessing you were trying to post a link to your 2nd post on the subject on the Tractor & Farm Talk forum. To post a link it needs to be placed (pasted) here where your typing. https://forums.yesterdaystractors.com/threads/cub-mounted-plow.1757059/
I am not a big fan of posting the same topic on two different forums. It usually leads to some confusion, but post as you like. I am not sure if you work in multiple browser tabs. It makes posting links much easier. Right click on my link and choose “open in a new tab” this will show you what I mean. It is like being able to be on the web two different “pages” or browsers. The “tabs” will be at the top like ID labels on folders in a file drawer.
Can’t help you with you plow problem. Hopefully Jim Becker or Grandpa Love will chime in.
 
You have me scratching my head as to what the issue is. A Cub plow is very easy to mount to the tractor. You should not be fighting any springs. Relocate the drawbar to the front pads, mounting it backwards. Install the depth control lever and linkage. Then the plate at the front of the plow goes under the turned-around drawbar, two bolts are dropped into the holes, and tightened. Connect the chains. Go plowing.

This is a picture lifted from the TM Tractor website. There are several other detail photos showing the plow installation there.

1713267230453.png
 
I'm guessing these springs are off the assembly and you are trying to get them on? I have no idea.....but maybe a C clamp would help?
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20240416-073816.png
    Screenshot_20240416-073816.png
    918.9 KB · Views: 74
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top