Cut some oats

jon f mn

Finally got to cutting my oats last night. Was pleasantly surprised by how good they are with only 2 of rain since March. Used my 955 swather.

cvphoto97057.jpg

cvphoto97058.jpg

cvphoto97060.jpg

cvphoto97061.jpg

Some had gone down flat and had to be cut one way to pick it up, luckily those were small areas and I could just turn around and pick it up and go back to cutting. About half of it had gotten so dry it had turned brown and gone dormant before heading. I thought it was dead, but then we got an inch of rain and it greened up and headed out. That has some green in it yet so I'll let this lay till the weekend to dry out. Hope to run my new combine over this on Saturday and bale the straw on Sunday.
Swathing

Looks like a decent crop. If we had that little rainfall in this area, there would be no oat crops, or any small grain crops. Your varieties there must be more drought tolerant. Good luck with your harvest!

Ben

We were surprised by the stand of our grain at Junkshow. Although it is not what it should typically be it is better then expected with the growing conditions we had.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back