D282 injector

wolfbley

New User
I am trying to get an injector repaired for my TD6. It has the commonly used D282 IH diesel engine. The part I need is the pintle
but it appears that you cannot get that part by itself and need to buy the entire valve assembly nozzle (#4). That said the cost
on ebay (once you add tax and shipping) approaches $300. Any idea why you cannot just get the pintle (#9)? Are they mated parts?
You can buy a rebuilt entire injector for about $150. This all seems a bit crazy to me. Any ideas on why this is so? (The drawing
is not for the 282 but close enough to show what I am talking about) .wolf
cvphoto135401.jpg

You need the number FIVE valve assembly, the pintle is not available by itself. The EARLY injectors had American Bosch ADE 10 S 7C valve assembly, and can be identified by part number one having a 3/4 inch hex. If the hex is 9/16 that injector used the smaller IH valve assembly. Pintle and body are mated parts.

They are the 9/16 variety and if they are mated nozzles that explains the lack of individual parts. Thanks. wolf

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back