the tractor vet

I hate when this happens , here i was planning on PORCH setting ALL day , NOW i got to go FIX my 806 . Darn tractor , i have only had that one since like 94 and this is the second time she has drop kicked me or i should say Eugene this time . I think the bendix went to lunch . Starter spins but will not spin the engine. SOOOO ya all cover your ears and that mushroom cloud that is about to form over N/E Buckeye is not a nuke going of it is just me getting my fingers smashed getting the starter out . And more then likely the Gilford lake catalogue store will not have a bendix .

Yep good ol Murphys Law. Any of us who have farmed BEEN THERE DONE THAT.. I think some bad words just flew over Indiana, musta been you

John T

Some flying black ephits were shot out of the sky by a neighbor. Some others landed in Bowling Green! and were run over by a unstyled Allis Chalmers WC. Jim

Ahh dont cuss my favorite tractor to loud, i bought a new 806 in 67, i never had the starter off for a repair !!! Is yours a Diesel ?

I had one on a BN do that about a year ago. The starter would spin but not the engine. I found mouse nest parts packed around the starter shaft so the Bendix couldn't move. Took about an hour to unwrap all the stuff and then the starter worked fine.
Dave

Yup . I have had several 806's , this one came with a package deal from one of my auctioneer friends . I was having a banner year with tractor sales and as fast as i could get one out of the shop they were selling and at the same time i was tryen to get my plowing done . I would finish one up and take it to the field for a little field testing and someone would show up after hours looking and see me back in the field and they would come looking so i would let them make a couple rounds and out come the check book and the plows got dropped in the furrow and i would do another one up and get maybe a dozen rounds made and that one was gone . The lot was empty and i had none setting anywhere as they all had been hauled in . So it was into the pick up with trailer in tow and off to a sale and there was NOTHING to be had that i could afford. My one buddy was over at a sale out east and did not know i was out of tractors or he would have bought the two setting there . They were one of the auctioneers . Donny called me as i was on the way back home from the west wanting to know what all i got bought and i told him what all i did buy as you don't just make the trip for a couple hot dogs and a pepsi ya have to buy to make it pay and i told him that there were NO tractors in our price range and nothing in the dead row. that is when he told me that Ed had and 806 and a 706 at the sale and had no bidders and took them back home . So i called Ed and we did some dealing and came up with a price for the pair And i would be over to get them the next week. . Donny had still a half load to get back and ed was a 125 miles from the sale lot So instead of running my one ton over and loading two in the hills of Md. Pa., and W Va. it made more sense to load them onn the semi of my buddy and i could make the turn in about 14 hours So that is how i got that one . She is BUT ugly , it had lots of oil leaks it has been broke in half from being hit by a semi BUT that puppy runs . and NO i am not going to fix nothing that might make someone want it like i did the rest. I have been around the 806 sionce late Aug of 1963 and the first Public showing of the 806 and 706 when they were first showen to the public at the Canfield Fair . And the man that bought that tractor was my boss. The following Saturday i was with my Uncle when we went to the other local dealer just as the one they were getting came in on the semi and my uncle bought that one as he was so impressed with G F's as he went up on Wednesday and got to run it while the farm manager for G. F. was plowing the long field across from the main farm . I was there when both were bought and as the check was handed . and it was run thru the shop wheel tread width was set back tires were loaded wheel weight added and the ft weights were already on and at around 1:30 PM it was being hooked to the John Beam tater harvester and headed for the field . Yea i like 806's and the 706as i farmed with a couple of them since i could buy them dirt cheap in the dead row and with hardly any money i could get them back in the field.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back