Dearborn Lift-E Disc, were there 2 frame versions?

mpc07005

New User
I recently came into possession of some scrap iron I mean a a valuable piece of agricultural machinery in the form of a Lift-E 6' disc. When reviewing all the available information I can find (the manual, some parts lists on Messick's, etc.) mine seems to be different.
The serial plate looks different from others and is on the front of the frame, the frame bar for the two front gangs are also connected in the center with a bent piece of angle, the front mating plate is much smaller, it does not seem to have the angle adjustment holes, and the rear frame bar is one piece.

The serial appears to be 8735, does anyone know if the early versions were different, or if I have a hillbilly special? The hangars were all on facing the wrong way (I think) causing the front gangs to touch, but that might just be that almost all the bolts are loose/stretched/washers cracked and fell out.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back