deere 216 platform adjustments

I can't seem to find my 200 series platform manual so I thought I would ask here while I keep looking. My head does an OK job of cutting beans but I think it could be better I realize it can only be so good as its an older head but what adjustments can be made either to the pitch of the cutter bar on the head or the face plate on the feeder house (6620 titan II level land) to get a better cleaner cut? Sickle has all new teeth and most guards aren't very old everything functions properly just looking to improve some and maybe its as good as its going to get. Just looking for ideas. Thanks in advance.

The platform can be leveled to the combine by adjusting the long bolts at the rear of the skid shoe arms. This varies the pitch of the sickle. The skid plates should run flat to the ground. Also, check to be sure there isn't a bunch of light dirt piled up on top of the skid shoes. This will really mess up the flexibility of the skid shoes and sickle and cause all kinds of problems. Mike

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back