Deutz D6006 service for new to me tractor

Cartermatt44

New User
Can anyone give advice on engine and hydraulic oil and transmission fluid to use on Deutz D6006? Just bought this tractor and Deutz dealer around me said this is not a model number but has a plate on frame at front tire! Does someone have any knowledge on these tractors? Please any help appreciated!!!

good tractors for oil I use 80w90 in transmission power fluid 821 or equivalent in hydraulics and 15w40 in engine make sure you change oil in injector pump every 200 hours

Try an Agco dealer. Deutz was under Agco for a long time but they recently split back off. I would expect "legacy support" for older tractors stayed with Agco. Current Deutz dealers only handle the new tractors made in the last few years.

Ebay is a great source for used manuals. There is a guy selling Operator's Manuals for the D6006 right now for $27 shipped.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/183529720761

I would not really go to an AGCO dealer. AGCO supported Deutz tractors for a time and still does to an extent with basically leftover parts they still have from when Deutz owned Allis (Deutz-Allis)over 30 years ago. And D6006's were stopped being made almost ten years before Deutz-Allis existed. AGCO barely supports products it made 10-15 years ago!!

The Deutz-Fahr company (or rather Same Deutz-Fahr Group) actually seems to pride itself with supplying parts for the old tractors, especially the old 06's. The dealers that sell new/current Deutz-Fahr tractors I have worked with are very helpful with parts and advice for the old ones. The one I work most with here in Wisconsin sold them new in the 70's and still sells new ones. Deutz-Fahr actually set up parts-only dealers in the early 2010's to support the old tractors in the US, but since then the new distributor has decided that it would only have dealers that sell parts and tractors. I actually have an easier time getting parts and service/repair advice for my Deutz tractors than my American tractors.

Obviously I recommend a manual. 15W-40 in the engine, any trans-hydraulic fluid in the hydraulics and the transmission. Does not require special or expensive hydraulic fluid as very simple and old school hydraulics and transmission. Remember on those the hydraulic reservoir is separate from the transmission. Transmission fill is down by the shift levers and hydraulic fill is under/in back of the seat.
Please bring on any more questions that come up. I will help if I can.

I would not really go to an AGCO dealer. AGCO supported Deutz tractors for a time and still does to an extent with basically leftover parts they still have from when Deutz owned Allis (Deutz-Allis)over 30 years ago. And D6006's were stopped being made almost ten years before Deutz-Allis existed. AGCO barely supports products it made 10-15 years ago!!

The Deutz-Fahr company (or rather Same Deutz-Fahr Group) actually seems to pride itself with supplying parts for the old tractors, especially the old 06's. The dealers that sell new/current Deutz-Fahr tractors I have worked with are very helpful with parts and advice for the old ones. The one I work most with here in Wisconsin sold them new in the 70's and still sells new ones. Deutz-Fahr actually set up parts-only dealers in the early 2010's to support the old tractors in the US, but since then the new distributor has decided that it would only have dealers that sell parts and tractors. I actually have an easier time getting parts and service/repair advice for my Deutz tractors than my American tractors.

Obviously I recommend a manual. 15W-40 in the engine, any trans-hydraulic fluid in the hydraulics and the transmission. Does not require special or expensive hydraulic fluid as very simple and old school hydraulics and transmission. Remember on those the hydraulic reservoir is separate from the transmission. Transmission fill is down by the shift levers and hydraulic fill is under/in back of the seat.
Please bring on any more questions that come up. I will help if I can.
My Grandpa bought mine new in the early 70s. Is it difficult to change the oil pan? Mine leaks a lot. I am farming with this tractor. Mowing, moving big round bales, manure handling with loader, etc. Thanks, Doug in Missouri

Hello moriver, welcome to YT! You have replied to an old thread. Many new users do come into the forum this way lead here by a web search. Most often this does not turn out to be the most productive method to get answers about your machines. In this case there is only one currently active member of the several in this thread that is “barnyardengineering” Here is a helpful hint, if you are using a PC you can hover your mouse over a members profile banner that appears over every post or reply they make. When you do this the last time a member was viewing the forum shows up. On a phone you have to click their username name and click outside of the box that pops up to close it again. You can give your post some time to see if someone with some info about your tractor chimes in. If nothing comes up in a day or so it is best to start your own “new topic” by clicking the red “Post Thread” button. Then your posting will be the first thing folks see when they open your topic.

Hello moriver, welcome to YT! You have replied to an old thread. Many new users do come into the forum this way lead here by a web search. Most often this does not turn out to be the most productive method to get answers about your machines. In this case there is only one currently active member of the several in this thread that is “barnyardengineering” Here is a helpful hint, if you are using a PC you can hover your mouse over a members profile banner that appears over every post or reply they make. When you do this the last time a member was viewing the forum shows up. On a phone you have to click their username name and click outside of the box that pops up to close it again. You can give your post some time to see if someone with some info about your tractor chimes in. If nothing comes up in a day or so it is best to start your own “new topic” by clicking the red “Post Thread” button. Then your posting will be the first thing folks see when they open your topic.
You mentioned my name followed by "Here is a helpful hint..." I was expecting to read, "Don't listen to him or take any of his advice because he doesn't know what he's talking about." 🤣

My Grandpa bought mine new in the early 70s. Is it difficult to change the oil pan? Mine leaks a lot. I am farming with this tractor. Mowing, moving big round bales, manure handling with loader, etc. Thanks, Doug in Missouri
I can't speak for the Deutz D6006 specifically, but difficult is in the eyes of the beholder.

On these tractors that use the engine as the frame holding the front and rear axles together, the oil pan is often structural. Depending on how it's built into the structure, you may be able to unbolt it and slide it out, or you may have to remove the entire front end of the tractor, then split the tractor at the rear of the engine, to get the oil pan out.

This is the best picture I could find online with short notice. Hard to tell but it looks like the pan may simply bolt to the bottom of the engine, which makes the job much easier. You'd have to get under there and look.

1712316874976.png

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back