Built in Ammeter
cvphoto168929.jpg

When the charging amps drops below 1 amp
The charger goes into a maintaining mode
This tells you the charger is in the maintaining mode

cvphoto168930.jpg

This charger has 80 amps starting.

The newer version has 90 amps starting.

The charger also has a desulfating mode.

I'm sure there are better chargers, but I love this charger.

About this item
100-amp engine start, 30 amps of charging, and 3 amps as
maintainer
Tests the vehicle's alternator to indicate if it is operating
properly
Compatible with 6-volt and 12-volt WET, GEL and AGM automotive
and marine batteries
Electric pulse technology can help reverse sulfate buildup on
battery plates to improve charge capacity
Easy-to-read LCD screen for clear view of charging and battery
status.

You remind me of a drug addict (meth) that use to live in the apartments across the street.

He had this thing for cheap flashlights. He would take them apart, line up all the parts and love on them like they were his best friend. Then put them back together. When they cleaned out his apartment after he ODed. 31 five gallon buckets full of AAA and AA batteries and flash lights were carried out of that place. Funny in a way. Flash lights and batteries were the only things that he ever seemed care about in his life.

I have a cat charger and its made by schumaker with the caterpillar name and logo. The 30 amp full time boost mode is helpful. With the 3other chargers that have 30 amp boost, I can pretty much crank over most things unless the battery is fully shorted. I also have a 40 amp boost mode but have only seen 36 amps out of continuous. The 100 amp start mode is mostly a charged capacitor gimmick to me.

It is by far the best charger I've ever owned.
I still have the first charger I bought when I was in HS.
I've replaced all internal parts many times with the exception of the transformer. It is a manual charger that I have to use a timer to remember to turn it off or cook a battery.

I may buy a second dewalt charger for my second home.

Everyone needs a hobby.
It took me 30 minutes to remove this battery
cvphoto168933.jpg

and 30 min to replace the battery.

I'm leaving the dewalt charger on it all night to top it off.

I didn't want to trust a 6 year old battery that I could only charge to 12.3 volts.

Ok so it charges a battery just like any other charger. So don't break your arm now. I just want as charger that works with a dead battery not something I have to fool around with to make it charge. It needs to work when hooked up not tricked into working or some other crazy nonsense.

Geo, wondered about these, what made you go with DeWalt ?, & which model is it ? Isn't the 3amp maintainer a bit on the high side ?, most are down around 1-2 amps, just wondering, Thanks, Alan

Isn't the 3amp maintainer a bit on the high side ?
In reality the charger does everything automatically. In the maintainer mode the amps are much less.

If the charging amps drops below 1 amp, it goes into the maintainer mode.

what made you go with DeWalt?

My last trip to Florida to go fishing with my sister she had a Dewalt charger to charge her boat's trolling battery. I said Then, I need a Dewalt charger.

After using a Dewalt charger I learned Dewalt has the best desulfating mode.

While working on a real Cheap friend's JD lawn mower his battery was down to 12.2v. A regular charger wouldn't put more charge in the battery. In the desulfate mode, 3 days later the voltage came up to 12.6v.

Buy the newer version, it has 100 starter amps.

Most people who want the cheapest charger won't own a Dewalt charger.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back