diesel cross flow head Oliver

6pack

How much better is a 12 port cross flow diesel head switched over to gas?

Compared to a regular 12 port gas?

Compared to a 9 port 1100 massey head

I guess my ??? is, Is it worth going through the hassle @ Max RPM of 2400 and 450-475ci?

The Diesel heads shine at higher rpm. I assume you have to run a govenore @ 2400. That will be a trick to hookup since the carb will be on the opposite side as oppose to a factory gas engine unless you want to put a reverese sequence camshaft in it to swap the int/exh ports. Then again, the "Hassel" element increases. A 1100 massey & 310 head will be pretty close to equal at 450-475cid @ 2400rpm. The 310 will have alot small comb. chamber if you want big compression. Most of the time on a 310, if you get much over 450cid, you have to relieve the combustion chamber, find a dish top piston, or run a thick head gasket to get the compression to a reasonable number. I would just take the 1100 massey block, bore it to 4.280 and stroke it 5.5". You will save alot of money verses having a 310 sleeved.

Thanks Cody, I didn't even think about the governor....I got the 195gk now, and love it!...but was looking at putting another, probably just use a regular 310 gasser

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back