Diesel Price

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Just bought off-road red diesel yesterday at local Chevron distributor (last wholesaler left in area) in North Central Texas. Price was $3.139 per gallon. Seemed high, but no other local choices. Distributor said that all their diesel is ULSD, just add red dye. Tom
 
Well Tom, hold on to your tush as oil is up $2/bl this morning in pre-market trading as a refriney blew up in Texas.

Can you say $5/gal diesel this summer :(


T_Bone
 
hummm like someone said earlier Karma
Well gee wally... Y not just buy some gasoline & add water to that red dye & use it in your pickup ?
 
T-bone This current spike in price will certainly raise prices in most goods from the grocery store to the outlet malls. We are going to need double or triple the tax rebate amount.
 
Haven't had to have the off road filled lately. Pump prices were quite a wide range yesterday. I took a load of fat cattle to the sale barn,paid 3.49. Got to St Louis Mi,it was 3.59,came back through Elm Hall,3.39.
 
You ain't seen nothing yet. Just wait until the new president enacts the new "Climate Change Prevention Tax" Kyoto Treaty Ect. We'll be paying $10 gal plus then all to punish us for being the greatest county on earth!
 
Whoa whoa whoa. Hold on a sec. They're going to initiate a "tax" to prevent "climate change"? I know what they're trying to accomplish, but I wish they'd be at least a LITTLE bit realistic!!
 
last time i was in central ohio for diesel was 3.60 for on road diesel but when you have a truck with good milage it doesnt hurt to awful bad
 
In Texas, current road taxes are 40 cents per gallon. So, if road diesel is selling for $3.35 per gallon you would expect farm diesel to be $2.95. So you go to the local farm pumps at the local Mobil station in the local small town, and farm diesel is $3.10.

So in my normal belligerance, I accoust the owner about price gouging and I am told that they don"t set the price of off road; the state does. Well, I have about 65 gallons of FD left and all my tractors are full. I have some time to investigate.

Before I buy any more, I will be getting in touch with the state comptroller general and ask the question. Then if he says yes, I"ll ask him just what dictates the price of farm diesel?

Gonna bet you it"s just a bunch of hype. Gonna bet you that the same 18 wheeler that delivers road diesel also fills up the farm tank and he has a can of red dye that goes into the farm tank before he tops it off.

Then I am going to get eyeball to eyeball with some local con artists.

Mark
 
Last week on News. Gov. Blunt is wanting to pass a bill that all diesel sold in Missouri will be that bio stuff from corn. That the prices for diesel will cost a lot more. Because it cost more to make he said. But the air will be cleaner. Right now in Missouri the law takes effect seems in may are something. That all gas sold in Missouri will be that bio stuff from corn. .. My car loses 8 to 9 miles a gallon on it already.
 
Where is Tom and Mark buying diesel? off road diesel is $2.90 in Greenville And on road at the same place is $3.30. That still beats everybody in town. The only problem in Tx is if you buy green you have to pay the tax. No exceptions.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top