diesel shortage

Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Local fuel supplier called this morning, said offroad diesel in short supply.
Will be $3.47/gal by the end of the month.
 
not sure what off raod is today, but , made a trip to maryland from scranton, on road fuel ranged from $3.89 to $4.04 per gallon, gas at the pumps is right around $3. 22, to $3.24 , for thew life of me i cant figure why fuel on or off ., is soooooooooo much more then gasoline?looks to my like the j d 50 and 60 gonna get put to some hard work ,, LOL not that i dont mind running them
( grin )
 
So if my f-350 4x4 with a 460 gas motor gets 12 mpg a comparable powerstroke or cummins or Duramax powered pickup will get 48 mpg? Pretty funny, try again.
 
Clear diesel is $3.57 in SWMO for the highest ever.Gas is $2.99.

In May 2007 diesel was $2.79 while gas was $3.09.Why was diesel 30 cents cheaper in May of 07 while its 58 cents higher now?
 
Did I mention modern truck engines? Nooooooooo! I'm comparing the tractors he mentioned to modern diesel engines in tractors.Brush up on your reading comprehension.
 
I use an old truck bed trailer with 3 ea. 55 gallon drums to get my diesel. Makes it handy to get and I park it in a barn with a battery operated pump....don't have to haul it around all the time like if I used a tank mounted on my hay truck.

The last time I went to get farm diesel the supplier said that he had been out and the truck had just left. Not only that when I went to pay the lady at the cash register said something like $415 please........as I was writing the check my hand was trembling. I can't believe I paid that much for fuel at one time.

I checked the price about a week ago and it was $3.16 for farm diesel (no 40 cent road tax).

One thing for sure. If a new (newer) tractor is in your budget, (payments won't be there forever and it IS a write off item) mine has really, really, made a dent in my fuel consumption. The engine designers have really been busy getting more hours per gallon out of these newer engines.

Besides that, I won't be making all those trips to the parts supplier to fix all the stuff that always breaks on the 3 old tractors I traded in. You wouldn't believe how much I spent on equipment repairs last year........hope IRS believes it. Almost afraid to submit my 1040 and Schedule F.

Mark
 
Brush up on your writing skills tough guy. You just said diesel verses gas with comparable horsepower use 1/4 the fuel. He should have ignored your stupid comments as I am going to do.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top