• Thread starter Thread starter UU
  • Start date Start date

UU

New User
I want to buy a disc plow..I"m from Jamaica & they use a disc plow to do primary plowing, I cant seem to find one in the USA. Can a frontier dh1380 do a better job? that is what i was considering buying. A moldboard plow looks like it does a good job but our farm hasnt got one level spot, so can a moldboard plow be used on hilly terrain? there is also the problem of stones. I"m using a Ford 6610s and would like a plow that is as wide as my tractor (7ft)..i would like to know what options are out there.
 
UU,if you're refering to a disk breaking plow similiar to a moldboard but with disk I think you will not be able to pull one that cuts 7 ft wide with a 6610 very deep if at all.Jim
 
Several kinds of plows. Here in N. Texas we use a tandem disc harrow of large proportions to do our primary tillage. When I say large proportions, I mean a heavy frame with large discs. They come in all widths so getting one to fit your wheelbase is no problem. We are in heavy clay and it gums up the moldboard.

Nice thing is you can cover a lot of ground rapidly and when you come back for the next pass the ground is a lot smoother than you would have with a moldboard, one way or similar implement.

If you have the horsepower for it, you can pull a spike toothed harrow behind the disc (hooks right into the rear of the disc) and the next time you hit the field it will be really smooth.

Mark
 
I don't know anything about disc plows but would love to know more about farming in Jamaica. What do you grow and who do you sell to. What are livestock operations like? How big is a typical farm? If I visit is it possible to tour some farms ?
 
For a picture of one, I think there is a thread over in the A-C forum here, that shows a 3 bottom disc plow, made by Athens for A-C, I think the post is titled bogg harrow. If it's not there, go over to the unofficial Allis-Chalmers forum. I have a disc plow like the one pictured, I pull it with a D-14 Allis, which has about 35hp, so figure about 12 hp per bottom.
 
Dude, I don't think you are really Bob Marley. Obviously you don't know anything about growing ganga. No disk needed. Go into the winter pasture and put the seeds in the gopher mound. Haul 5 gal of water from the creek a couple of times a week. Grows like weeds. Plus, when Dad and my uncle noticed the tire tracks they spent the entire summer trying to figure out who was poaching deer. Great fun watching that. I was also around when the Game Warden captured that DC 7 on the frozed lake near Selby SD.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top