Do rear discharge lawn mowers have blade baffles?

IA Leo

Considering rebuilding my 11 year old Swisher T60 tow mower into a rear discharge, tearing out the circular baffles and cutting off the rear deck lip.
The deck does not handle the the volume of grass from the far and middle blade very well, unless the grass is so short it doesn't need mowing. I appreciate the time and experience sharing on this board. Leo

I don't know, but I know the Woods deck under my tractor has no baffles, works great, doesn't plug(there's nothing to plug) and doesn't care how wet the grass is. I got so tired of my Ferris plugging I cut out the baffle and cut off most of the back of the deck. It's better, but still nowhere near as good as the Woods.

Hi Leo
I have been wondering the same thing. I have a Yazoo front deck mower without blade shrouds and a side discharge. It doesn't discharge the clippings all that well. There are partial rear enclosures but they are eroded about half way away. I have been considering getting someone to roll some shrouds for me, or taking the rear enclosures off and plug the side discharge. I will report if I do either.

Had a Wheel Horse rear discharge that had no baffles, worked good till the deck itself went bad at 40 years old....

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back