does a 134 , 172 ,192 motor use same camshaft, crank and ect? as far as swapping parts

marlin54

i have a GAS 172 motor, and it has a bad cam lobe and the other lobes all measure ifferent sizes...can someone te;; me what the size for a new cam lobe? the largest one I have is 1.56 " and it is the one next to front cam gear...the rest are somewhat smaller...I have a broken tappet and that cam lobe is really smaller ...and I found 1 broken tappet...so I also just aquired another similar motor forparts .....not sure what size ..and unless I take the head off I probaly wont know......So I want to know other than pistons and rings , does all the rest of the motors swap between with each other? and how about the sixe of valves in the head? is there diferent heads and valves? So is the only difference then the bore size?...or do they have different cramkshafts ?

Last edited:
i have a GAS 172 motor, and it has a bad cam lobe and the other lobes all measure ifferent sizes...can someone te;; me what the size for a new cam lobe? the largest one I have is 1.56 " and it is the one next to front cam gear...the rest are somewhat smaller...I have a broken tappet and that cam lobe is really smaller ...and I found 1 broken tappet...so I also just aquired another similar motor forparts .....not sure what size ..and unless I take the head off I probaly wont know......So I want to know other than pistons and rings , does all the rest of the motors swap between with each other? and how about the sixe of valves in the head? is there diferent heads and valves? So is the only difference then the bore size?...or do they have different cramkshafts ?
The cranks are the same. Heads differ (different combustion chamber sizes). Don't remember about rods or valves. I want to say the cams are also the same, but I'm not positive on that.
Diesels use a different crank and cam.

CAMSHAFT was the same used from 1953 on - p/n EAF-6250-J. Note the "J" Revision. I do not know what changes were made - would need the OEM Drawing with EI data shown.

Tim Daley (MI)

Some, if not all, have provision for a fuel pump for applications other than gravity feed tractors. If cam has 9 lobes, be sure you are not looking at fuel pump lobe.

CAMSHAFT was the same used from 1953 on - p/n EAF-6250-J. Note the "J" Revision. I do not know what changes were made - would need the OEM Drawing with EI data shown.

Tim Daley (MI)
so I did get the camshaft removed fron the used motor I brought home and I still dont know what engine it is ..........but i do have the number on it,........EAF- 18 J

Attachments

• 20240221_173657 (1).jpg
    20240221_173657 (1).jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 14
so I did get the camshaft removed fron the used motor I brought home and I still dont know what engine it is ..........but i do have the number on it,........EAF- 18 J
The number cast or stamped on the part is not necessarily the part number used to order an identical one from the parts department at the dealership.

The Ford has too many changes and with the industrial models it gets too confusing what will and wont work,,,and so all the old guys are gone...Im just going to put it together with the parts that look like it will work...whatever happens ...happens ....went to the dealer today ..they dont have a clue...they quit workimg on the old Fords because of this,,,,now only New Holland ..

So which motor has the 1/4 inch bolts and which one has the 5/16 fasteners? ..Mine is a Vickers..cant seem to get it apart so Im saoking ot..I think its a vane pump....not a geared pump?
I am meaning the bolts that retain hyd pump drive gear on rear of camshaft. It has nothing to do with the hyd pump mounting.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back