Does a D17 have a handclutch????????????????

RickyP

Member
I am looking at a D17 with a loader. The loader is driven off of the pto. I was wondering how you would keep the loader running if it didn't have a handclutch. I am just unfimilar with Allis's. Let me know if this is a good loader tractor? Thanks, Ricky
 
Thats a yes, no and sort of thing. The D-17 has a high/low with a center position that gives it live PTO but they do like to creep a little bit when in nutrel or the center position. You also can not shift gears using it
Hobby farm
 
sounds like an out-of-adjustment problem. even the wd45's are fairly easy to shift with the hand clutch disengaged.
the wd's weren't so easy, maybe it was the straight cut gears, maybe the two-disk clutch was a little grabier.
i've never run a 17, but i've run a 19, and had no trouble shifting between forward and reverse, with the power director in neutral and the foot clutch out.
 
I don't think any of them were intended to be shifted while disengaging only the hand clutch/high low lever. many of them will allow it as they become worn with years of use. If adjusted correctly and the oil's cold they will try to creep some when the high/low is centered. this just means the drive train still has power being transfered thru the clutch plates in close tollerance, this grinds the gears too much for me. I'd rather hit the foot clutch. $.02
 
my 170 will shift with the power director in the center also. But sometimes you do need to keep it from creeping with the brakes.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top