Doing the Tire garden again this year

Keith Molden

Since last years garden did so darned well, we added some more this year. I have been pretty busy and haven't had time to get any pictures but we have tomatoes about 2 1/2" across and zucchini & crook neck yellow squash that will be ready in a few days. Planted beans this year and they are coming in blossom. The cucumbers are full of blossom and little cukes. The wife wanted a few potatoes so they also got planted in a 1/2 55 gal. plastic drum. 2 year old grand daughter also wanted to plant her tire so she has a 16" tire garden with some cherry tomatoes and 3 bean plants along with some onions. I should have some pictures in a day or two. Keith

Do you do them one tire high or do you stack tires so you do not have to bend as far?

I also plant my garden in tractor tires. I have about a dozen I guess. I have stacked the narrower tires to get them off the ground where I can reach better. I also have a couple tires off a payloader that were very wide. I usually trim back the side wall for more planting surface. I live in an area where the soil is extremely hard. I cant seem to add enough compost to keep it tillable. This way I can control that and weeds so much easier. Also watering is faster. Hope you have good crops.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back