Drag disk please help identify

I just brought this old drag disk
Any clue what brand it might be

Thanks for any information you can provide
cvphoto154482.jpg

cvphoto154483.jpg

Since you are talking about it they are called Disk-Harrows a lot on this foruum. We always just said Disk an I think I have at least 3 single Disk and 2 double ones. I know there is big difference between the drag Disk and those with wheels but I never heard what name distinction was?? Yours look kind of like IHC but the disk blades seem kind of large Diameter. Myself I would never refer to a Disk being anything like a Harrow either Drag Harrow or Spike Tooth Harrow. Cleddy

The names vary by areas it seems. Definition in most dictionaries for Harrow, when used as a noun, is a cultivating tool set with spikes, teeth, or disks and used primarily for breaking up and smoothing the soil. Disk, Spike, Spring tooth, etc. are all types of Harrows.

Drag, 3-point hitch, or transport (what I call the ones with their own wheels that can be lowered to lift the harrow for travel) would be further definitions.

I don't think I ever seen one with the pipes/bars over the top. I do see the mud scrapers on the wrong side of the disk blades on the back right looking at the picture.

I think he's using drag disc as opposed to transport disc since it doesn't have transport wheels.

I'm from Tennessee I've always heard it's a disk.
Drag disk is what is pictured
3 point hitch
A pickup disk usually has wheels

I guess it just depends on what area you are in

Can you find any symbols or part numbers? That can help. Sometimes they are molded right into castings where the shafts rotate in. JD and IHC are often seen in casting parts if those brands apply.

Drag means just a hitch pin to drawbar to pull it for non mounted type of implements or wheel carried implements. Just about all implements before 1950 were drag type and all horse pulled were drag type.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back