Dual Wheels On Power Adjust Rims?

Bryce Frazier

I've recently purchased a MF285 Diesel. It has 14.9x38 power adjust rims on it. There are 6 power adjust rails.

How do I go about adding on duals to this setup? I've been looking at loops, which I believe the loops would bolt onto the brackets that hold the power adjust clamps and would just stay on there all the time. Which seems extremely simple!

But then the hooks leave me confused. All they appear to be are hooks with threads on the end. So what type of rim do I use? A loop rim? I cant find a 38" 6 loop rim?

What other options do I have? Can I farmer rig this somehow? Also, can I run a 13.6 as a dual, or is the difference in height going to be a deal breaker. Thanks!

My 4020 had 15.5.38 inside and 13.6.38 duals from the factory
cvphoto66046.png

Dual wheel clamps .

Well a 15.5 and a 13.6 are the same diameter I believe, a 14.9 is a taller tire?

How do those clamps work? Thanks!

(quoted from post at 19:39:40 12/06/20) I've recently purchased a MF285 Diesel. It has 14.9x38 power adjust rims on it. There are 6 power adjust rails.

How do I go about adding on duals to this setup? I've been looking at loops, which I believe the loops would bolt onto the brackets that hold the power adjust clamps and would just stay on there all the time. Which seems extremely simple!

But then the hooks leave me confused. All they appear to be are hooks with threads on the end. So what type of rim do I use? A loop rim? I cant find a 38" 6 loop rim?

What other options do I have? Can I farmer rig this somehow? Also, can I run a 13.6 as a dual, or is the difference in height going to be a deal breaker. Thanks!

I have a set of band duals with 15.5 x 36, they have readi-bolts with a flat hook welded on that grabs the rails, 3 per side. Bands have to be notched to clear the ends of the rails in some cases. 15.5 will be a cheaper and easier tire to find, will work with a 14.9 if you are just looking for extra floatation...will turn easier too!
mvphoto66216.jpg

(quoted from post at 20:47:25 12/06/20)
(quoted from post at 19:39:40 12/06/20) I've recently purchased a MF285 Diesel. It has 14.9x38 power adjust rims on it. There are 6 power adjust rails.

I have a set of band duals with 15.5 x 36, they have readi-bolts with a flat hook welded on that grabs the rails, 3 per side. Bands have to be notched to clear the ends of the rails in some cases. 15.5 will be a cheaper and easier tire to find, will work with a 14.9 if you are just looking for extra floatation...will turn easier too!
mvphoto66216.jpg
That should have read '15.5 x 38'

A 13.6.38 is a little bit shorter than a 15.5.38 at least the ones we had were the tractor would sink just a Little in the dirt before the duals touched the ground

I have 8 surplus cast pieces which clamp onto the ends of the rails on the main tractor rims with set screws, which provide a loop to hook your dual clamps into. Once installed they stay there. As stated, you would use 3 per side. I have seen loops welded onto the ends of the rails also.

As far as the duals, there are several options. I have one set which are just plain rims, and the snap over clamps lay against the rim and hook over the outside edge. The piece pictured does the same, but is used with a draw bolt, rather than the more convenient snap over clamp. Some older dual rims have brackets welded to them. A newer idea was the "T" rail welded all the way around the inside of the rim, with matching clamps, which could be slid around on the rail, to fit any number or placement of loops on the tractor.

Post a picture of your dual rims and we can figure out which clamp and type hook you need.

Duals do not have to be the absolute exact same height to work either but you really don’t want the taller tire on the outside dual

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back