Duh..........

Goose

My wife and I and our pastor and his wife were, among others, guests at a dinner party for a mutual friend's daughter's birthday last evening.

During the meal, our pastor regaled the guests with a tale about when he recently washed his car in the evening when the temp dropped to 14 degrees overnight. The car was parked in his driveway and he went out the next morning to find all four doors frozen shut and blocking his wife's car in the garage.

He spent some 15 minutes describing in detail how he managed to get the trunk lid open and crawl in. The car is a Chevy Malibu with the fold down rear seats to allow for cargo area if needed. He manage to crawl from the trunk, through the back seat, and go over the tops of the front seats. By then, he was in panic mode because he had an appointment in 20 minutes.

The good pastor then laid across the front seat and proceeded to attempt to kick the drivers door open from the inside. His daughter was in the house wondering what that "bumping" noise was out in the driveway. The pastor finally succeeded in kicking the driver's door open and expressed pride in his solution to the problem.

I asked him why he hadn't simply poured a little warm water around the edge of the driver's door from the outside.

Lights came on and the look on his face was priceless.

He's a great guy, really, and having grown up in Indiana he should have been onto that a long time ago.

Having grown up in Indiana ,He should of known better than to wash his car when expecting that kind of temp drop.

Oh don't get me started!
In my experience Pastors (we call them vicars here) are usually idiots. When my father died the one who conducted the funeral service totally ballsed it up by referring to my mother during the eulogy with the totally wrong christian name. The one who replaced him at our local church was just as bad. I had an uncle who died and even though I had told him the guy's surname, got that wrong during his funeral too. (Even though he had written it down in a notebook while we were making the funreal arrangements), I later found out that he ruined a wedding by giving the groom the wrong surname ( the brides surname actually). A friend of mine went to a funeral and the vicar said that the deceased would be "Sadly missed by her many children and grandchildren" (The poor lady in question was barely 40 years old and had no grandchildren!) Funerals are upsetting enough but when things like this happen it only makes things far worse for the bereaved.Vicars? Pastors? Priests? They are a waste of space, I wouldn't pay them with chocolate buttons!

Aw it takes a long time to wise up... I finally realized, and went to Walmart and bought a $9 women's hair dryer, really puts out the heat, and have it sitting nexct to the hundred-foot extension cord. Just waiting for the doors to freeze up again, or the lock-out hubs to freeze... I'm ready now!!

I used to work in this shop where we had daily inventory stored in a trailer with a padlock on the door. In the winter the lock would get frozen. Each day this old guy who worked there would go out and pour a cup of hot water into the lock to thaw it out to get the door open then complain how the lock was frozen shut the every morning even if it didn't rain or snow.

Not all are out of touch with reality.

This guy is OK, and several years ago we had a temporary pastor who had grown up on a cattle ranch by Chadron in the Nebraska Sandhills.

He had the congregation in stitches most of the time. He was a genius at taking an anecdote from a wild and wooly childhood on a cow ranch and turning it into something meaningful in a sermon. And once he'd made his point in a sermon, he was done, even if it was only 8 or 10 minutes.

If he hadn't become a Lutheran preacher, he could have made it big as a stand-up comic.

Was he a new pastor? An experienced pastor would have organized a group of volunteers into a committee and had the car doors open within 5 minutes.

Roy,
Let's think about this a minute. The hardest job in the world for a clergyman to do is to try to deliver a eulogy for a person that he has never met. Perhaps if the deceased would have spent a little more time in church when alive there would have been a different outcome. Before you condemn the clergy you might look into the background of the Jesuit Priests who are considered some of the brightest people on earth and like many clergyman spend their entire life studding and teaching others. To refer to them as idiots is almost sacrilegious.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back