Duramax Fuel Mileage

A friend of the family says that his Duramax gets 32 mpg. I don't believe that, but I haven't been around them much. For you guys that drive them, whats the best milage yours has gotten?
 
19-20mpg at the speed limit drops considerably the faster you travel. either full of bull kaka or driving 40mph like gramma!
 
I have had 3 of them ,in fact just picked up a new one Sat.Some have avg.economy read out .I have seen as high as 45mpg. coasting down hill .The 06 that I just traded would get 19 to 21 avg. by its self .16to 18 with 20ft. flat trailer empty ,13 to 15 loaded with something that catches wind .The 08 I just got I suspect will not get that good with all the pollution junk they have added. It got 17.5 driving home from the dealer.
 
Empty running down highway I have gotten about 19 ave I have also tripped that automatic reader at top of a long hill and seen it get 99 to but that is not a true reading as I would get up to speed trip it and put the tranny in nuetral
 
I have an 07 GMC 3/4 ton 4WD and it gets about 17 on the highway. The 92 Corsica we haven't gotten rid of yet gets between 28 and 32 mpg on the highway. With the price of fuel getting so high I've been using the Corsida more often to drive.
 
Have a 2004 with only 22000 miles and the average empty is 17. Loaded with gooseneck and grossing 25000 lbs I get between 11 and 12. Dad has 2003 with 2 wheel drive and delivers travel trailers all over the nation and Canada and gets consistent 23 empty and 16 loaded. Has 275000 miles on it now and says it it by far the best truck he has ever driven and he has had most brands over the years.
 
Averaged over an entire tank of fuel, no. If reading the dash mpg while cruising on level pavement at 45mph, maybe. Yes if the truck has been re-programmed. Not that mileage has been improved, just the speedo ratio has been tweaked.
 
not likely really. empty with mine, the best i can get out of it is 23-24mpg. loaded with the 30 ft gooseneck with say a 12,000 tractor on it, i can get 12-15 loaded.
is he running compleatly stock? i really don't see how he could unless he did tons of work to make it more aerodynamic.
DF in WI
 
I've had six of em over the years. Just put a new one in service two weeks ago. Sent dad to Mississippi with it with our 48' stepdeck in tow and loaded two new Dodge four door 4x4 Cummins' on the trailer and came home. Said he got almost 11 mpg going down and 7.5 mpg coming home. We have yet to run it empty long enough to test it. I got 22 one time going to Indiana to pick up a trailer with one of our older ones, but that was because I was only going 35-40 mph on the interstate because it was snowing really hard. Otherwise, 14-17 was the norm empty. And all the trucks are crew cab, 4x4, dually's, with an auot trans btw.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top