Anonymous-0

Well-known Member
Earth Hour is on 29 March 2008 at 8pm local. So far, as well as Sydney, there'll also be Chicago, Tel Aviv, Manila, Copenhagen, Melbourne, Brisbane and Toronto all turning off their lights for an hour in the name of fighting global warming.
 
That is a new one on me! Never heard about it. Where did this idea come from? Turning off all the lights is supposed to help or just be some kind of symbol?
Can't see it doing much good but make the people organizing(if you call not hearing about it organising) make themselves feel important...
 
I'll probably wait until about 10 o'clock to turn mine off...........then go to bed. What a bunch of crap.
 

Wish I had some extra cash - I'd go buy a bottle of co2 to blow off during that hour just to spite those who wish to make more rules to control other people. Guess I'll have to settle for breaking some of those new curly-que light bulbs with mercury in them. Humbug
 
You are a sick puppy...it is strictly voluntary, no one is being forced to particapate, so why would you want to knock people trying to draw awareness to a huge problem. Less energy consumption equals lower fuel costs....you might even be able to afford that LA Case NOW.
 
I'm going to turn on every light I have, start up every vehicle, tractor, lawn mower, and every other engine that will start and let them all sit and idle for at least an hour. We could use a lot of global warming around here. Its all just "politically correct" hogwash anyway.
 
It was said:

"Less energy consumption equals lower fuel costs....you might even be able to afford that LA Case NOW."

I say BULL! If we even cut energy use by a small %, energy companies would start crying about low sale and profit and would raise prices to compensate. Years ago more sales and production of anything mint lower cost. I couldn't believe it when I first heard that more sales equal higher price. Well I guess if there were a shortage there might be higher cost. There is no shortage. When was the last you ever went to buy something and there wasn't any. I get all the gas I want, all the electricity, milk, lawnmower, anything. No shortage. To me a shortage is when there isn't enough to go around. When inventory equals sales that is good. That is what we have IMO. If we had surplus, that would be bad.
 
I agree we were told 60yrs ago the Farmers wouldnt be able to provice enough food for the US along with the same bull flying around today.
 
What a bunch of... baloney!!! If you don't try to save some of your money by using less energy when you can EVERY DAY, 1 hour ain't gonna make a difference. I don't waste energy because it costs me money when I do, not because it's the latest fad to shut everything off for an hour. They probably wast more energy promoting the event than it saves. Besides, the cable and internet were out for a couple of hours already today due to a power outage so we've already saved energy.
 
You are a Circus ---no such thing as Global Warming --- just cause the temps change -- it's suppose to do that --- what a Circus for sure...
 
Heck with that crap!Im with the truckers striking next week though.Can you imagine the havoc theyll cause if they can keep it up for a week? Hoss
 
I'm confused . When ever Homer and I have Beans the room gets warmer about 30 minutes later . I thought I knew why that was but now I hear it's GLOBAL! I'm gonna tell Homer to knock it off. Also , did yall know tomorrow is Moon Day. Everyone is supposed to moon someone.It's for the enviroment. My wife says it's disgusting but I'm gonna participate. There's only one Moon you know.I guess we could all cut back on the beans, or at least Homer could.
 
You global warming kooks explain one thing to me- If "global warming" is caused by man then why is the temp rising on MARS?!!!! It's the sun fer cryin' out loud.

And yes I participated in the first Earth Day. Back then we all got together and went around picking up trash along side the roads. There was no Al Gore demanding we send every last American dollar to him so we can buy "carbon credits" that won't make one little bit of difference, but it sure will re-allocate the wealth of the world.

BTW- Does anyone think it's a coincidence that the first Earth Day was held on Lenins birthday? NOT!
 
I don't know how much climate change is due to nature and how much is due to man but if you think 6.5 billion humans and all there institutions don't effect our planet then you must be Rush Limbauhs comedy writer.
 
Global warming my behind.. It's still highs in the 40's and the wind blowin' like heck around IL. Must be the draft from all the political rhetoric around here!!
 
The Global warming/climate change hoax is just a vast left wing conspiricy to scare poeple into accepting new taxes and regulations and reduction of freedom! Ever notice only advanced free nations are causing global warming not polluters like China, India, Etal?
 
Rush does a good job with out me --- It's natural for the earth to get warmer then it is -- That's the way it was a million years ago -- and that's the way it will end up.

People have Very Little effect on the earth -- just One active Valcano will spew out more then 6.5 billion humans in any given day -- and there are always a valcano pop'en off some where.
 
So nature and the environment have to deal with 2 volcanoes a day.
The problem we have is there are two sides to the argument your side which is promoted by entertainment talk shows and the environmentalist side that wants to eliminate all flush toilets and there is no reasonable side.
 
Global Warming? It's all a bunch of s@#*. They keep talking about it, but the funny thing is we have had more snow, more below 0 temps this year than in the last few. If global warming is so bad, why do the folks at NASA say it's crap too? Aren't they some of the most educated people on earth? It's simply a abundant point of view to take money from those who choose to work and pay their own way, and give it to lazy bums that only want a hand out, and complain that it isn't their fault they won't get a job or do what it takes to support them selves.
Anybody that believes Global Warming is true must also believe Al Gore invented the internet.
 
I'm Not in the Entertainment business -- and yes there is a Reasonalbe side --- just let nature take it's course and don't let any man think that he can add or take away from it ....
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top