electric D-19

well with $5.00 diesel on the way where is my electric tractor at? Maybe somone will dig that electric D-19 out that A/C was tinkering with in the 60's.Did anyone here ever get to see that D-19 in action? weren't we promised nuclear powered tractors and flying cars by now?oh and where is my jetpack?
 
It wasn't a D-19, it was more like a B, cool little tractor, I think its owned by the Smithsonian, but on loan to a museum in the midwest, somewhere. Anyway, I think it was a fuel cell tractor, that ran on a gas (Hydrazine) and water, I'm not sure of how it was done, other than the fuel cells generated electricity to run the electric motor. There is a film available, I think over at the unofficial allis page, and C.H. Wendell's book gives a good description, too.
 
It was a fuel cell tractor, based on a mid-sized D series, not the D19. At the Smithsonian Institution, on loan to a museum in Hutchinson, MN. in recent years- four miles out of town is the all AC show put on by the Upper Midwest AC Collector"s Club, about the fourth weekend in July.
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top