electronic ignition

hi I recently bought a '40 9n that has been retrofitted with a electronic ignition system (https://www.yesterdaystractors.com/Ford-9N_Electronic-Ignition-Conversion-Kit-12-volt-negative-ground_1247.html) any idea where I can find a wiring diagram?
thanks

According to the info in the YT? Store, that is a Pertronix 1247. Contact Pertronix and get a copy of the installation instructions. That is the place to go with your questions about their product.

(quoted from post at 08:43:49 03/03/22) I agree that JMOR's wiring diagrams are outstanding, but I've never seen one for EI.
75 Tips
ow you have! :)
I would personally ignore the "alternative" because the OEM resistor block value varies from sub-one Ohm up to about 1.7 Ohms, leaving you in a quandary as to what additional resistor to use and satisfy Pertronix call for a minimum if 3 Ohms total.

47e6jjC.jpg

(quoted from post at 10:53:04 03/04/22) How about one for side distributor?
s for the Petronix wiring, it will be a 1244 unit and is wired the same, other than the physical connections to coil will be to the external coil's screw terminals. Modules black and red wires pass thru the hole in distributor where the electrical stud/insulator will be removed from. Of course, the started switch is different on later models vs 2N/9N.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back