Engine Main bearing for 1948 Cub

I have a problem I hope someone can advise me on. I ordered a set of Main Bearings for my 1948 Cub from the local Case/IH dealership. I received the bearings but they are all the same numbers for the center and both ends of the crankshaft. They are all like the old center main bearings that were in the engine with the thrust washer type sides. Will these work in all three places or did they send me the wrong bearings for the ends? The old bearings that were on the ends were different (without the thrust washer sides) than the center bearings. The Factory numbers for the bearings I received are 357216R91......Gale
 
Hello Gale,
I hope you didn't get any greasy finger prints on two bearing boxs because they have to back to the dealer. I don't have part #'s but I am sure that a c60 has three main bearing with the center being the only thrust bearing. this is where a good parts man comes in handy. I can get you a main set for around $75 + frt.
Good luck Ed
abcrepairparts
 
ED, Thanks for the information. I am going to take those two extra boxes of main bearings back to the dealer and try and get him to reorder and exchange them for the right ones. They have a nice young man at the parts counter but he evidently does not know how to look up the parts very well on his computer. I was at his mercy because I gave him the tractor serial number and the engine number and told him what I needed. I assumed he knew what he was doing......Gale
 
Yesterday's Tractor Forums

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back
Top