Equalizer draft control

FFCharlie

New User
Hello, being new to Yesterday's Tractor Forum I posted an item on another section that seems more related to this HF page. This device is on a TO30 I purchased several years ago. I have not been able to get any information on it's origin or operation. It appears from information on this page there have been several different devices made. Does anyone have information on my device? Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• 20240528_100656.jpg
    20240528_100656.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 54
  • 20240522_140336.jpg
    20240522_140336.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 53
I found some old communications from a person on this forum back in 2004 where he described his tractor having a device like mine. Is there any way to get access to posts from that year? This person's name in David Schade , but I don't see his name in the member section.

The device is an aftermarket position control that is supposed to keep the lift at the height it's set at. There isn't much too them and the description and instructions for a " Zane Thang ' ; a similar device might help with the information you need . Lubricate the joints and make sure they move freely , loosen the tension adjustment over the spring then re tighten it and it should work . The tension should be set once a load is on , start loose , then tighten until the friction between the plates allows the lift to remain at the height you want . Once set it is usually good for almost any load.

Charles, thanks for the information. As I continue tinkering with various repairs I'll give those adjustments a try. Most of my use for this tractor is to pull a big Towner H2122 disc. Once I get a 2 bottom plow repaired this device could be of use.

Charles, thanks for the information. As I continue tinkering with various repairs I'll give those adjustments a try. Most of my use for this tractor is to pull a big Towner H2122 disc. Once I get a 2 bottom plow repaired this device could be of use.
The Ferguson three point system is specifically designed for depth control of furrow not height control. The aftermarket height controls are literally for height control, not furrow depth.

Tom, thanks. While I am giving this TO30 more attention recently its amazing it has continued to operate so well. All of the information provided on the forum will make me a more capable owner of this classic piece of history. Thanks again.

Hello Kirk, do you have any details on the setup. Some information on the Sang Thang gave me a general idea for basic adjustments. One of the things missing on my device is a bolt or wing nut that would slide in the long slot at the bottom. What is fitted on your device. Thanks for any information you can provide.

This device should not be used with a plow which uses the draft control. It will be useful with all other applications
where a stable heigh position is desired. When plowing just disconnect the little rod.

Joe

Thanks Joe, I'll this in mind. Right now a radiator leak has me taking things apart and sourcing parts. Time for some TLC for the 51 Fergie. How come spending time on this thing is so much fun. (I mean work)

Hello Kirk, do you have any details on the setup. Some information on the Sang Thang gave me a general idea for basic adjustments. One of the things missing on my device is a bolt or wing nut that would slide in the long slot at the bottom. What is fitted on your device. Thanks for any information you can provide.
If I remember correctly it has two disc and you had to move the wing nut and had to have an implement on to get it to work like position control

Attachments

• 9049.jpg
    9049.jpg
    198.7 KB · Views: 31
  • 9048.jpg
    9048.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 27
Kirk those are great pictures. That is a much more substantial plate and spring on your device. After taking a closer look at the device on my tractor I see what could be the two discs with a metal piece between them. I sure appreciate the addition details these pictures provide.
On another note, I'm discovering how difficult it is to remove very old rusted bolts to remove the hood and radiator. I keep wondering if this is the first time any of these pieces have been apart. Thanks again for the pictures.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back