Excellent service

We all tend to gripe and complain about lousy products or service we receive, but I would like to relate a good experience with a company that I recently had. I have a 20 plus year old Porter Cable air compressor (2 stage, 80 gal.) that was just about worn out. My son and I share a shop and do restoration work. We use a lot of air tools, paint and bead blasting. So the compressor gets a lot of use. I took the compressor apart and made a list of the parts needed to rebuild it and started searching the web for everything I needed.
One of the parts I needed was new reed valves. I could find the valves listed for other models of Porter Cable?s, but not for the one I have. It only listed the complete head assembly, not the individual valves. This meant that I would have to spend about $400 instead of about $30, just to replace the valves. When you added in the bearings, rings, gaskets, etc., it would have been cheaper to buy a new compressor.
I called Porter Cable and talked to a man in the parts warehouse and told him my problem and he said he would check and see if he could find any individual valves for me. He later called me back and said that the valves were not available, but he had a complete head assembly he would send me for free. He then asked me what other parts I needed for the rebuild. I gave him a list of the parts and he said that he had all of them in stock and would send them to me at no charge. They even paid the shipping. The retail price of all of these parts was over $700. Needless to say, I am now a Porter cable fan.

WOW!! Now THAT'S a great story!!

...Someone might suggest you go buy yourself a lottery ticket, but I think you've already won. *lol* Great to hear.

I had an old model Brunner compressor which broke a reed valve. New reed valves were not available. I miked the old reed valves and found a red devil putty knife at the hardware with roughly the same thickness of spring steel material. I cut out a new set of reed valves from the putty knife, and the compressor worked fine with those valves for years until I sold it.

We sell tractor parts! We have the parts you need to repair your tractor - the right parts. Our low prices and years of research make us your best choice when you need parts. Shop Online Today.

Back